Friday, June 28, 2013

On Florence

Florence has a very different feel to it than Rome.  It’s less busy and has less tourists; the entire city of Rome carried a kind of party-ish feel.  Sophisticated and cultured, but still full of exuberant energy and indulgence.  Florence felt more philosophical.
"Man is what he read"
Our hostel was very nice, another private room and bathroom.  I took advantage of that and slept for a few hours after we arrived.  We walked around the city for several hours at a leisurely pace.  The only real problem I had was my right contact lens, which was itching and burning my eye.  We had to stop at a pharmacy to buy contact solution but it still stung, so I ended up taking out the lens.  I tried putting a drop of solution in the lens but it blew away and I had to focus out of one eye for the rest of the day, but it was okay.  I still saw everything I wanted to see.  Since I’m so behind on this blog I will just post some pictures and captions.  Enjoy!
Michelangelo's "David"
Ghiberti's "Gates of Paradise"
Grazie
Prego

Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore

Anthony and The Duomo
The house in the background reminded us of something...
Strega Nona?

No comments:

Post a Comment