Friday, July 19, 2013

The Next Step

I woke up at 4:00 to make my train to Oradea for LE's midpoint break.  I said goodbye to S and my host mother before K and my host father brought me to the train station.  It was more than 8 hours to Oradea, which was less than thrilling but I was able to sleep and watch movies for part of the ride.  It's nice to see the other volunteers and catch up on their experiences thus far in Croatia or Romania.

After the weekend, I'm returning to Harghita county to teach in Udvarhely and live with my second host family (with my 9-year-old host sister, Buttercup!)  I will post more when I've experienced more of Oradea.
Collage from K's wall.  (My host sisters in Mădăraș are incredibly creative).
Waiting for the train at 4:30 in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment