Friday, July 26, 2013

A Weekend in Oradea

Upon leaving my first teaching placement, I spent about 8 hours on a train from Harghita county to Oradea, Romania for LE's midpoint break.  I wasn't thrilled to go so far (on a fairly grody train) only to return to the same county three days later.  However, it was good to catch up with my teaching comrades and experience a new city.  I did some very deep thinking on the train ride back to Harghita (the thoughts didn't manifest into a blog post, but that wasn't entirely my fault as our seating situation on the train was not at all conducive to writing, believe me).  Since I'm quite behind on this blog, I'll end this blurb and post photos.
LE Volunteers
Stained glass
Night over the Crisul Repede
Romani girl
C, me, M, and JJ waiting for our train to Transylvania

No comments:

Post a Comment